Westco is looking to recruit a talented Associate Director to support the Research Director in a range of projects - mainly focussing on local authority clients. Westco is looking to grow due to the current client demand and to continue developing new business opportunities.
Associate Research Director
Thursday, September 27th 2018
Author: Harvey Sandhu
Westco is an award winning, leading consultancy with a wealth of experience and lots of energy. Our clients include local authorities and organisations from all tiers and all corners of the UK as well as central government, the third sector and the private sector. Our work is carefully planned and implemented with innovation, speed and efficiency.
Our approach is to provide the best possible advice and service delivered by the best people in the business. Based on insight, evidence and an understanding of your business and audiences, our approach is to coach and train a leading edge team, dedicated to supporting clients from project inception to the evaluation of outcomes.
Westco is wholly owned by Westminster City Council and operates from the council’s central London office. However, the candidate may sometimes be required to travel for work, and work from other locations depending on projects.
Westco is looking to recruit a talented Associate Director to support the Research Director in a range of projects - mainly focussing on local authority clients. Westco is looking to grow due to the current client demand and to continue developing new business opportunities. This is a real opportunity for the right candidate to help expand our client base and our consultancy offer.
The candidate will need to be organised with impeccable attention to detail. You’ll be able to manage multiple tasks and tight deadlines with confidence and ease. But you’re also ambitious and hardworking, with heaps of initiative, self-motivation, confidence and a vibrant and engaging personality.
Your excellent communication skills, both written and orally, will be demonstrated by your clear and calm personal style and ability to generate and build relationships with people at all levels.
We’ll be expecting you to exhibit a ‘can do’ attitude, showing that you’re willing to help out the team and work on ad-hoc projects as required by the agency. This role will suit someone who can quickly get to grips with projects, is level headed, diligent and pragmatic, not averse to fieldwork and will enjoy getting involved in all stages of project development and delivery.
It is essential that you have experience in both qualitative and quantitative methodologies and techniques. You will lead on various projects and will have line management responsibility in this role, so experience in both is ideal, but not essential.
You will have at least 4 years’ experience working in a fast paced research agency or clientside and will have experience in running projects from proposal through to presenting.
You will seek opportunities to attend conferences, training, seminars or other external events that would provide attendees with intelligence about the research marketplace and help to build their specialist research knowledge.
You will represent Westco in a professional and ethical manner at all times. You will need to operate with a strong commercial awareness in order to maximise opportunities and ensure business is being generated and retained.
All Westco Insight Team employees are expected to comply with the MRS code of Conduct and adhere to our ISO quality standards.
Experience in the following are essential for this role:
- Qualitative and quantitative research methodologies (including technical knowledge of sample design, statistical testing ,weighting, quotas, confidence intervals etc) and tools including online communities
- Experience of working on consultation and/or engagement projects
- Excellent questionnaire design skills
- Building and maintaining client relationships on a day to day basis
- Supporting junior members of staff and delegation of tasks
- Project management - co-ordinating and managing project tasks for small and large and more complex projects with minimal guidance
- Experience of running market research and consultation projects (including responding to briefs, survey design, analysis, report writing and presentation to clients - with minimal guidance)
- Excellent report writing skills
Experience in the following are desirable for this role:
- Good knowledge of SPSS and Excel
- Wide knowledge of the local authority landscape
- Presenting to senior colleagues
- Knowledge of ISO quality procedures
This is not an exhaustive list, and you will be expected to be flexible in your approach to carrying out your duties, that may change from time to time to reflect changes in the company’s circumstances.
Education and Qualifications
Educated to degree level in a relevant subject. Fluent written and spoken English is essential.
Salary and Benefits
- Basic from £35k- £40k dependent on experience
- Great benefits package
- Opportunity to develop into a consultative and strategic role
- Be part of a fast growing and respected team