Full time. Fixed term contract 12 months
Salary £26k - £32k depending on experience.
Based in Richmond upon Thames
Deadline to apply: 18 August 2017. However, interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Do you want to:
- Help develop new and innovative social media content?
- Create digital content to engage with local communities online?
- Thrive and progress in a growing and dynamic team committed to excellence?
As part of our contract with Richmond Council (based in Twickenham) we are looking for an enthusiastic, creative Digital Communications professional. We are looking for someone with ‘get up and go’ attitude, who is enthusiastic about digital media and wants to join our small but busy team, managing dynamic results-driven campaigns.
We’re looking for an all-rounder who understands social media and digital technology, someone who can develop the councils profile using video, can develop our new online engagement forum and someone who knows how to evaluate and analyse across a variety of platforms. We’re also looking for someone who has excellent writing skills, and who can contribute to the development of future strategies and plans.
The post holder would also be responsible for working with colleagues at WestCo to maintain the WestCo Trading website and social media profile. This will involve attending regular meetings/working shifts at the WestCo HQ on the Strand in Central London.
Successful candidates will bring:
- Proficiency across the full range of social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google+, Instagram
- Good understanding of Hootsuite, Facebook Insights and Google Analytics.
- Good understanding of creating video content, and editing.
- Good understanding of creating e-newsletters using e.g. MailChimp
- A sound understanding about local government
- Experience in understanding the needs of audiences and how to target digital content accordingly.
- A pssion for innovation and researching emerging trends in social media, finding new ways to engage with residents and businesses.
- Experience of web content creation – with an excellent sense of editorial judgement and sound copy-writing skills.
Our competencies and behaviours include:
- Excellent planning, organisational and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to operate in a dynamic working environment, handling multiple tasks and deadlines
- Accustomed to delivering excellent results against targets and meet deadlines
- Self-starter and strong team player
- Flexible and adaptable
- Resourceful and resilient.
A competitive salary will be offered - roles will initially be offered on a fixed term basis.
If you want to be part of an exciting, vibrant and growing organisation, please send your CV and a covering statement, along with your availability period to email@example.com
The start date for this role is ASAP.