We’re recruiting for a new Internal Communications Officer to join a hard-working, friendly communications team based with one of our clients.
Fixed term contract 12 months – salary dependent upon experience
Full time: 40 hours per week
The post holder will be responsible for all internal communications, both business-as-usual and project based. They will develop and deliver the internal communications plan and support significant internal and transformation projects.
We’re looking for an all-rounder who understands how to optimise all our internal platforms, how to engage with a variety of internal audiences, and how to evaluate and analyse the difference we make. We’re looking for someone who has excellent writing skills, and who can contribute to the development of future strategies and plans.
Role Will Involve Some (but Not Limited To) Of These Key Areas
- Contribute to the development of an annual programme of audience-led, multi-media internal communications campaigns that support the delivery of client priorities
- Oversee the delivery of all internal communications activities, to meet agreed objectives and targets
- Ensure effective delivery of individual campaign activities and targets, working with colleagues in campaigns, media, digital, research and creative teams
- Commission, brief, manage and evaluate the work of design contractors, illustrators, copywriters, photographers etc
- Provide advice to senior officers, client departments and contractors on a range of internal communications issues, attending meetings when required (sometimes out of office hours)
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with external organisations such as partners, contractors, professional bodies, voluntary sector, media and local and national government bodies in order to augment internal communications
- Provide project support for Westco external communications clients (when needed) (this may involve attending meetings at client premises)
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Minimum of two years general experience of working in an internal communications role
- Strong evidence of designing and delivering effective internal communications activity that have integrated media, marketing, digital, design, research and have delivered on objectives
- Demonstrable experience of working with minimum supervision, project management and dealing with senior contacts to deliver campaigns objectives
- Demonstrable experience in generating new and creative ideas
- Experience or understanding of public sector communications needs is essential
We are a bright, leading consultancy with a wealth of experience and lots of energy.
Our clients include local authorities and organisations from all tiers and all corners of the UK as well as central government, the third sector and the private sector.
Our work is carefully planned and implemented with innovation, speed and efficiency.
Our approach is to provide the best possible advice and service delivered by the best people in the business. Based on insight, evidence and an understanding of clients business and audiences, our approach is to coach and train a leading edge team, dedicated to supporting clients from project inception to the evaluation of outcomes.
Please email your CV and a cover letter to: email@example.com